Battlefield 2042 Update 1.48 has been released for all platforms and is now available for download on PC. The update brings several bug fixes, improvements, and patch notes. The file size may vary depending on the gaming platform you are using. So if you’re playing Battlefield 2042, make sure to update to version 1.48 to experience the latest enhancements and fixes.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.48
Squad Spectator Modifier for Battlefield Portal
In this update, players will now have the ability to enable Squad Spectating within Battlefield Portal Custom Experiences. This new feature will allow players to spectate their Squad Mates after dying, before entering the deploy screen once more to redeploy, similar to the experience within Hazard Zone. Additionally, there is now an option to disable the button on the Spectator screen, which will prevent players from redeploying. This allows for Custom Experiences to feature “One-Life” or “Tactical Squad” modes while still allowing players to spectate their immediate Squad.
AI, Soldier, and General Improvements
Players will now see a Crossplay Status Indicator within the Main Menu if they currently have Crossplay turned OFF. This indicator provides clarity on whether crossplay is enabled or disabled for the player.
Furthermore, the Personal Player color functionality has been extended to include more HUD Elements. Players can now set their own color within the Options > HUD section. This color will be visible to the player themselves, helping with personal identification within the game.
Gadgets & Specialists
Several fixes have been made to address issues with Gadgets & Specialists. These include:
- Addressing an issue where the head hitbox of a player mounted on Crawford’s Vulcan could become misaligned.
- Fixing an issue that could cause a player to not see a successful SOFLAM lock-on against vehicles.
- The Penguins have applied extra glue to the C5 so they should now stick to vehicles with greater efficiency.
- The APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel should no longer intercept Smoke Grenades.
- Fixing an issue where if both an enemy and friendly fired Tracer Darts at the same vehicle, the “Target Acquired” prompt would sometimes be missing.
- Fixing the “Target Acquired” prompt to sometimes be shown on destroyed vehicles.
- Fixing the SG-36 Sentry Gun sometimes targeting destroyed vehicles.
In Battlefield Portal, new math blocks have been added for common tasks that players frequently perform within Custom Experiences. These math blocks include:
- DegreesToRadians: Takes in an angle in degrees and outputs the same angle but expressed in radians.
- RadiansToDegrees: Takes in an angle in radians and outputs the same angle but expressed in degrees.
- Ceiling: Takes in a decimal number and outputs the value rounded upwards.
- Floor: Takes in a decimal number and outputs the value rounded downwards.
- Pi: Constant block that outputs the value of Pi for use in calculating circumferences and areas of a circle.
- Various fixes have been made to address issues with weapons, including:
- Fixing an issue that could cause empty magazines in the SVK to still visually contain bullets.
- Fixing an issue where the carry handle of the VHX-D3 sometimes didn’t render correctly.
- Addressing texturing issues on the P90 magazine.
- Making minor fixes to stats of certain low-magnification sights on the Collection Screen.
- Fixing an issue that resulted in some high recoil, fast-firing weapons gaining vertical recoil after a certain angle exceeded a certain value.
- Addressing a discrepancy between the Collection Screen and in-game ammo count for the ACW-R extended magazine.
- Fixing a clipping issue when using the PSO-1 Scope on the SCAR-H.
- Correcting the pros and cons of the High-Power Magazine on the G428 in the Collection Screen.
- Correcting the Rate of Fire stat for the AC-42 in the Collection Screen.
- Fixing the alignment of some scopes with the rail of the M416.
- Fixing the alignment of the ACOG Scope on the M60E4 LMG (BC2).
Various fixes and improvements have been made to address issues with vehicles, including:
- Fixing a variety of issues related to interactions between Vehicle Systemic Damage and EMP. This includes scenarios that would result in a permanent vehicle disabled state after being EMP’ed.
- The EBAA Wildcat now has access to Air Radar. The range of this radar can be altered via Air Radar settings within the options menu.
- The EMKV90-TOR Canister Coax can no longer be manually reloaded.
- Fixing issues where the replenish icon and weapon replenishment were not correctly matched on Battlefield Portal vehicles.
- Regular body damage to the MD540 Nightbird will no longer result in systemic failure. Players should target the avionics of the aircraft in order to disable it.
- Fixing an issue where air vehicles would not take damage when colliding with skyscrapers on Hourglass.
- Reducing the magnet effect that some helicopters may encounter while being close to the ground.
These are the notable changes and fixes included in Battlefield 2042 Update 1.48. Players can expect an improved gameplay experience with these updates and patches.