Portuguese driver achieved better time in the first series of three days of pre-season in Qatar
Miguel Oliveira started the second series of three days of official MotoGP pre-season testing in 2021, taking place in Qatar, with the 12th fastest time, after his best lap in 1´54.526s.
Oliveira made his best lap in the 50th of the 58 made in this Wednesday’s test, finishing 1,343s behind Jack Miller (Ducati), who led the timesheet at the riding on his best lap, already close to the end of the session in 1´53.183s, taking two tenths off the record for the fastest lap at the Losail circuit, which belonged to Marc Márquez since 2019.
The Australian relegated Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha) to second position at 0.080s, after the Frenchman was the first rider to beat the Marc Márquez’s record, in 1´53.263 seconds.
Maverick Viñales was also in evidence was on this test day, being one of the six riders who managed to run below 1´54s and the driver with the most laps, 77, ending the session in third position at 0.327s from Miller.
The top five was completed with Johann Zarco (Pramac) and Pol Espargaró (Honda) who held the same time, 1´53.899s, after the two drivers had led the timesheet in the morning (afternoon)
The session was marked by the fall of Stefan Bradl, who takes the place of the injured Marc Márquez at Honda, which forced the German rider to end the work session prematurely, when he started his 16th lap at the Losail track.
This Wednesday’s test times.
1. Jack Miller (Ducati), 1m53.183s
2 . Fabio Quartararo (Yamaha), + 0.080s
3. Maverick Viñales (Yamaha), + 0.327s
4. Johann Zarco (Pramac), + 0.716s
5. Pol Espargaró (Honda), + 0.716s
6. Aleix Espargaró (Aprilia), + 0.788s
7. Joan Mir (Suzuki), + 0.895s
8. Álex Rins (Suzuki), + 0.960s
9. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati), + 1.053s
10. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda), + 1.079s
11. Franco Morbidelli (SRT Yamaha), + 1,184s
12. Miguel Oliveira (KTM), + 1,343s
MotoGP pre-season testing continues in Qatar until Friday.