“The announcements reflect current IT trends that have come to the fore in connection with the pandemic and economic recovery,” said Ottó Dalos, Managing Director of Cisco Hungary. “We’ve talked a lot about applications that support remote office work in recent months. Thanks to past developments, Internet networks have stood the test of time, but for the digital infrastructure to really reach everyone, we need to rethink the economic model of the Internet of the future. transparency of cloud applications and new areas of IT security such as SASE are also part of Cisco’s strategy, “added the expert.
- Cisco’s Future Internet concept aims to rethink backbone networks beyond the performance, cost-effectiveness, and power consumption limits of current architectures. To do all this, the company focuses developments on 3 main technology areas: silicon, optics and software.
- Transparency in a Sea of Data – From Applications to the Internet to Data Centers: Cisco Announces Integration of ThousandEyes Internet and Cloud Intelligence Solution into Cisco Catalyst 9000 Portfolio and Cisco AppDynamics Dash Studio.
- The transition to hybrid work and cloud has further increased the importance of network protection while increasing the attack surface. Cisco’s Extended Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture makes all core components available in one package and will be available as a subscription service in the future. They also unveiled innovations in the cloud-based SecureX platform that provide complete end-to-cloud protection.
- As part of the new Cisco Plus strategy, Cisco’s entire portfolio will become available as a Service over time
- Passwords that are easy to crack and cost businesses billions of dollars a year have been a headache for users and IT administrators for nearly 60 years. Cisco Secure has now introduced infrastructure-independent, passwordless authentication, which allows us to log in to cloud applications using security keys or biometric authentication. Cisco Duo Passwordless Authentication is part of Cisco’s industry-leading, “zero trust” platform.
- Cisco is rapidly developing the Webex Collaborative Platform, which has only 400 added a new feature. As the use of video and web conferencing continues to grow, more and more questions are being asked about the well-being of employees. Data and statements from People Insights, Team Insights, and Organization Insights provide insight into and help optimize the day-to-day communication of individuals and groups, all while fully protecting personal information.
Hardware, software, tests, curiosities and colorful news from the IT world by clicking here