Digitization: This is what it looks like in Germany right now
Today, mobile devices, high-performance networks and cloud-based infrastructures enable company resources to be accessed from anywhere. But we know: This is gray theory, because reality often looks very different.
Even one year after the start In the wake of the corona pandemic, not all employees who actually could work in the home office are far from allowed. It’s actually a shame, because a current German study by the University of Mannheim shows that if only one percent more people stayed in the home office, the infection rate would be up to eight percent lower. Professional speech recognition could optimize a lot here and enable new, flexible ways of working.
An AI cloud solution that really understands you
The great advances in the areas of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) make current speech recognition solutions high-performing. Algorithms now learn independently from experience. By interacting with you, they adapt better and better to your language characteristics, such as a dialect or accent, and continuously increase the recognition accuracy. AI-based components such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) allow modern speech recognition programs to identify the content and context of the speech input. You can import subject-specific vocabularies in advance, train them explicitly and continuously improve them in the dictation process. Current speech recognition systems recognize spoken text with almost no errors. A study at Stanford University also found that text entry by voice is three times faster than typing.
The 9th most important selection criteria for your decision
- Speed: Your spoken text should be transcribed in real time.
- Precision: Pay attention to a demonstrably high recognition rate. Current market-leading programs can correctly recognize up to 99 percent of the dictated text from the first use.
- Adaptability : The software should be able to be adapted quickly and easily to the circumstances and requirements of your environment.
- Flexibility: Depending on the requirements, choose the provision via a public or a private cloud. In some cases the direct installation of a local desktop solution can still be useful today.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Find out how easy it is to configure and install the solution of your choice. Automatic updates also reduce the administrative effort.
The solution: Dragon from Nuance
Dragon fulfills as a technology leader and innovation drivers all of the above criteria. You can find out more about Nuance solutions and areas of application in the white papers “Speech Recognition in Professional Use” and “New ways of working thanks to cloud-based speech recognition.”
Use Dragon now!