8.2 C
New York
Saturday, March 6, 2021
Home World Al-Eryani: Al-Houthi ordered the execution of two journalists who refused to exchange...

Al-Eryani: Al-Houthi ordered the execution of two journalists who refused to exchange them

The Yemeni Minister of Information, Muammar Al-Eryani, considered that “the Iranian-backed terrorist Houthi militia, after its failure in the round of consultations on the implementation of the Prisoners and Abductees Agreement, directed the so-called“ Appeals Court ”under its control to hold the first trial sessions of four of the journalists kidnapped in its detention since 6 years on the 7th of next March. ”

Al-Eryani said in a series of tweets Tuesday that“ the terrorist Houthi militia, which kidnapped journalists from their homes, forcibly disappeared them, practiced psychological and physical torture against them for 6 years and subjected them to illegal trials on charges They were fabricated and ended with issuing orders to execute them. It refused to exchange them with prisoners of its fighters who fell into the hands of the army on the battle fronts. ”

He also added that“ the international community, the United Nations and its special envoy to Yemen and all organizations protecting journalists and human rights are required to exert pressure. ” What is necessary for the Houthi militia to stop execution orders, prevent the judiciary from being used to suppress and confiscate freedoms and settle political accounts, and immediately release all journalists without restriction. ”

It is mentioned that a“ court of appeals ”belongs to the Houthi coup militia. In Sanaa, the seventh of next March has been set as the date for the first session of the trial of four Yemeni journalists, who are sentenced to death on charges of intelligence.

Harsh detention conditions

The defense lawyer said Abdul Majeed Sabra, “The Appeal Criminal Division specialized in Amanat Al-Asimah (subject to the Houthis) set the first session of the trial in the case of the four journalists on Sunday after the next (March 7). The Yemenis have been suffering for years, harsh conditions of detention. They are Abd al-Khaliq Omran, Akram al-Walidi, al-Harith Hamid, and Tawfiq al-Mansouri, and they have been subject to a primary execution order since April of last year, after nearly six years of arbitrary detention that sparked widespread domestic and international condemnation.

The lawyer had submitted a report challenging the indictment, according to which the Specialized Criminal Court issued a judgment on April 11, 2020, to execute the four journalists in a sham and illegal trial in which the journalists were prevented from responding to the charges and their lawyers were prevented from attending the sessions until the death sentence was issued.

Follow World Weekly News on

Leave a Reply

Must Read