World War Z Update 1.54 has been released for all platforms and is now available for download on PC. The update brings several bug fixes, improvements, and patch notes. The file size may vary depending on the gaming platform you are using. So if you’re playing World War Z, make sure to update to version 1.54 to experience the latest enhancements and fixes.
World War Z Update 1.54
1. Stopping Bull with Vanguard’s shield: A bug that prevented players from stopping the Bull enemy with Vanguard’s shield has been resolved. This fix allows players to effectively use the shield as intended to protect themselves and their teammates from the charging Bull.
2. Shield usage without equipment charges: Previously, players were able to use Vanguard’s shield even when they had no equipment charges remaining. This bug has been fixed to ensure that players can only use the shield when they have available charges, preventing any unintentional usage when no charges are left.
3. Missing silencer on lever-action rifle: A bug that caused the lever-action rifle to have a missing silencer has been addressed. Players can now enjoy the intended functionality of the rifle with the silencer properly attached, allowing for stealthy and silent takedowns.
4. Respawn behind closed doors in Episode 8: Phoenix maps: Several bugs that caused players to respawn behind closed doors in the Phoenix maps of Episode 8 have been fixed. This ensures that players respawn in appropriate locations and can continue their gameplay without any unnecessary delays or frustrations.
5. Stutters and freezes during explosions in Episode 8: Phoenix – Fighting for Home: Random stutters and freezes that occurred during some explosions in Episode 8: Phoenix – Fighting for Home have been eliminated. This improvement enhances the overall gameplay experience by providing smoother and more fluid combat encounters.
6. Performance improvement in the outro video in Episode 8: Phoenix – The Low Road: The performance in the outro video of Episode 8: Phoenix – The Low Road has been tweaked for better optimization. This adjustment enhances the visual quality and smoothness of the video, providing players with a more immersive conclusion to their gameplay experience.
7. Fix for ‘Chainsaw Massacre’ mutator: A bug with the ‘Chainsaw Massacre’ mutator has been resolved. Bots will no longer receive a chainsaw that players cannot use after an exchange. This fix ensures that gameplay remains balanced and fair for all players, maintaining the intended mechanics of this mutator.
8. Fix for ‘Gun Shortage’ mutator not affecting bots: The ‘Gun Shortage’ mutator was not properly affecting bots in the game. This issue has been fixed, ensuring that bots are now subject to the same limitations and scarcity of ammunition as the player, making the gameplay experience more consistent and challenging.
9. Fixes for ‘My Chainsaw and Me’ mutator: Two bugs related to the ‘My Chainsaw and Me’ mutator have been addressed. Firstly, the scenario now continues even when the player with the chainsaw exits, preventing any disruptions in the gameplay flow. Additionally, the player is resurrected with an infinite chainsaw, ensuring that they can continue to utilize this powerful weapon throughout the game.
10. Fixed marking voiceovers for Episode 8: Phoenix characters: Voiceovers for marking enemies have been fixed for the characters in Episode 8: Phoenix. This improvement enhances communication and coordination among players, making it easier to strategize and coordinate attacks against the undead.
11. Fixed voiceovers for planting thermite: Voiceovers for planting thermite, an explosive material used in the game, have been fixed. This ensures that players receive proper audio cues and instructions, enhancing their understanding of the gameplay mechanics and objectives related to thermite usage.
12. Added thermite burning sound: A thermite burning sound effect has been added to enhance the immersion and realism of using thermite in the game. Players will now have an auditory cue to indicate the successful ignition and operation of thermite, providing a more immersive and satisfying gameplay experience.
13. Fixed missing ‘Exchange Heavy Weapons’ hint in Episode 8: Phoenix: A bug that caused the ‘Exchange Heavy Weapons’ hint to be missing in Episode 8: Phoenix has been addressed. This fix ensures that players receive the necessary prompts and reminders to engage in heavy weapon exchanges, allowing for more strategic and diverse gameplay options.
14. Fixed mutators not displayed in Challenges: Previously, some players encountered a bug where mutators were not displayed in Challenges. This issue has been fixed, ensuring that all players can access and utilize the full range of mutators available, adding variety and customization to their gameplay experiences.
15. Fixed closed window exploit in Episode 8: Phoenix – Fighting for Home: A bug that allowed players to get through a closed window in Episode 8: Phoenix – Fighting for Home has been fixed. This prevents any unintended shortcuts or exploits that could disrupt the intended flow and challenge of the game.
16. Fixed door opening issue in multiplayer: Previously, players encountered a bug that prevented them from opening a door when playing with others in Episode 8: Phoenix – Fighting for Home. This issue has been fixed, allowing for smooth and consistent multiplayer gameplay, ensuring that all players can progress through the game together without any hinderances.
Overall, World War Z Update 1.54 brings numerous bug fixes and improvements to enhance the gameplay experience in World War Z. From addressing issues with Vanguard’s shield, weapon glitches, and mutator bugs to fixing respawn locations and audio cues, this update aims to provide a smoother and more immersive experience for players.