A welder passed away from consuming too much caffeine, an inquest has actually heard.
Polish national Lukasz Sandelewski, 36, was found dead in his space at a shared house in Peterborough after his mom ended up being worried and asked among his housemates to examine him in December in 2015.
It is uncertain how he took in the caffeine, however a coroner stated his space was “very cluttered with lots of empty drinking vessels on the floor”.
Mr Sandelewski had a blood caffeine concentration of 282 micrograms of caffeine per millilitre of blood when he passed away, the inquest in Huntingdon heard.
Any level above 80 micrograms of caffeine per millilitre of blood can be fatal.
The inquest taped a decision of misadventure, implying the death was triggered unintentionally without intent to damage.
Cambridgeshire assistant coroner Sean Horstead stated: “It’s uncertain how or by what suggests the departed taken in really substantial levels of caffeine however caffeine toxicity is the reason for his death.
” His death was the unintentional effect of an intentional act.
” He intentionally took in a fatal and substantial amount of caffeine however I’m pleased the effects of that weren’t meant by him.”
Mr Horstead stated there was no proof that Mr Sandelewski meant to end his life and there was no suicide note.
The inquest heard the 36- year-old returned home at 1am on 5 December and was heard “screaming and talking loudly” on the phone through the night up until around 7am.
That night, among the housemates got a Facebook message from Mr Sandelewski’s mom asking to inspect where he was, as she had actually not spoken with him.
The housemate then went to Mr Sandelewski’s space and found him unresponsive, deal with down on the flooring by his bed mattress.
Authorities who were contacted us to the home found no noticeable injuries to the welder.
The inquest heard there was “some suggestion from housemates” that Mr Sandelewski “did drink quite a bit of alcohol frequently”.
However while tests found he had 112 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood in his system at the time of his death, Mr Horstead stated this was “a level of intoxication but nothing more.”
He extended his “sincerest, heartfelt condolences” to Mr Sandelewski’s family.