EuroNCAP published the video with the 5-star rating of Skoda’s new 100% electric SUV
The Czech manufacturer’s new all-electric SUV, the Skoda Enyaq iV, passed with distinction in the rigorous Euro NCAP tests having received five stars in the global evaluation.
According to the published by the entity that conducts the tests, the Enyaq iV achieved five stars with this score:
94% adult protection 89% Child Protection 71% Pedestrian Protection 82% security assistance systems
Watch the video published by EuroNCAP
Euro NCAP performs a series of crash tests and safety in car models, namely:
– frontal impact, 50% of the car’s width when it reaches a deformable barrier that approaches 50 km/h
– frontal impact in which the car collides with a full-width rigid barrier
– side impact with a mobile deformable barrier that hits the driver’s door
– car tested by lateral impulse towards a rigid pole
– diagonal impact where the robustness of the central airbag is tested, evaluated by two dummies at the front.
And several tests are carried out with pedestrians, with impacts of different configurations to analyze the result on the head of adults and children, impact on the leg and upper leg and rebound tests and AEB cyclists
Active safety is tested based on the car’s equipment: car-to-car automatic emergency braking scenarios, occupant status monitoring (including collapsing alert). Seatbelt placement), sash support, and speed-assist technologies.