8.2 C
New York
Sunday, January 29, 2023
HomeWorldUSTrump's statement on the Mar-a-Lago raid for search warrant found

Trump’s statement on the Mar-a-Lago raid for search warrant found

Ministry of Justice on Friday showed a heavily edited copy of affidavit used to obtain a search warrant for former President Donald Trump home Mar-a-Lago.

the FBI was probable cause believe that the records containing secret national defense information would found in Palm Beach, Florida, residence, according to agent who wrote a 32-page sworn statement.

“There is also probable cause believe this proof of obstacle will found”at Trump’s home” read the unedited portion of affidavit.

A federal judge ordered key document release over objections of Department of Justice, which claimed that it contained very sensitive facts about the ongoing criminal Trump investigation. U.S. Justice of the Peace Bruce Reinhart accepted the Justice Department’s proposed amendments to the affidavit. one the day before it was made public.

Click here or scroll down read a heavily edited affidavit.

” government holds criminal investigation of improper export and storage of secret information in unauthorized premises, as well as illegal concealment and removal of government records,” the FBI agent whose name was blacked out wrote in affidavit first line.

The agent then wrote that the investigation had begun because of referral from the National Archives and Records Administration in February, after NARA received 15 boxes of records from the Trump residence in Florida. Presidential records are required by law to be turned upside down. over to the National Archives when the president leaves office.

FBI found what in these boxes were class-marked documents and included records relating to national defense information that was kept in Mar-a-Lago in unsecured location.

There were 184 specific documents marked “secret” in 15 boxes, 67 of marked “confidential”, 92 marked “secret,” and 25 documents marked “upper secret”, the statement says.

“Based on this investigation, I do not believe that any premises within the PREMISES were permitted for storage of secret information at least from the end of Administration of the President of the FPOTUS on January 20, 2021,” the agent wrote. in affidavit.

Of 32 pages of affidavit, 21 pages almost completely or significantly blackened out.

The search warrant itself was voluntarily disclosed by the Justice Department less than a week after the August 8 raid. The warrant stated that the FBI agents were looking for for materials showing violations of laws against let of justice and removal of official records; and the US Espionage Act.

FBI took at least 20 boxes of items in August raid, including numerous sets of highly classified documents property receipt that was also made public Ministry of Justice.

AT social media post after the release of the redacted affidavit, Trump accused the FBI and the Justice Department of of “public relationship trick” from the side fact that the word “Nuclear” did not appear in document – although it also noted that it was “heavily edited!!!” The application does not provide specific content of documents he expected to find.

Trump also whipped out on Reinhart, claiming that he should refused to participate in this case because he had previously refused to participate in another case involving Trump. reason for that there was no withdrawal clear, news The media reported, but Trump stated that it was “based on on his hostility and hatred of your favorite President, me.

government argued last a week against announcement of an affidavit, even in edited form.

“Revisions necessary to reduce damage to the integrity of investigation would be so extensive that the remaining unsealed text would be devoid of of meaningful content”, says a court document from Jay Bratt. head of department of counterintelligence and export control of Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice.

Bratt also argued that the affidavit would “serve as a roadmap for the government’s ongoing investigation” if it was disclosed.

Reinhart disagreed and ordered government propose editorial to the U.S. District Court in West Palm Beach, Florida, by Thursday. Later that day, the judge accepted the Justice Department’s amendments.

government said last week when the raid on Mar-a-Lago is part of of a probe that “implies national security” and still in its early stages.

trump, who first uncovered FBI search of his residence in Florida, presented himself as a victim of political attack the Biden administration, which was held out against presumed leader of the Republicans in president 2024 race.

former the president on Monday sued the government, asking a federal judge to block the Justice Department from examining over documents seized from Mar-a-Lago before the court-appointed third party considers them.

“Political Hacks and Bandits had no right under the Presidential Records Law to storm Mar-a-Lago and steal everything. in vision, including passports and privileged documents,” Trump said. in a social media post earlier on Friday morning.

Read the edited affidavit:

it breaks news. Please check back for updates.

Follow World Weekly News on

Tyler Hromadka
Tyler Hromadka
Tyler is working as the Author at World Weekly News. He has a love for writing and have been writing for a few years now as a free-lancer.

Leave a Reply

Must Read