Further hose bans can be entered after environment secretary called for water companies to impose restrictions, first public interference from minister over potential drought.
George Eustis said it was “correct” that some firms already measures taken to solve the problem of the driest period in England since 1976.
Southern Water introduces a ban on the use of hoses in hampshire and island of White. South East Water will impose a ban on next Friday until Welsh Water presents one for Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire from 19 August banning households from using hoses to water your garden, wash them car or fill pools.
In the article for The Sunday Telegraph Eustis said: “I urge other water companies to take responsible action to protect and conserve our water supplies during this exceptionally dry period.”
Eustis also urged companies to more to reduce leaks and said government will finalize plans to do this easier get a building permit for new reservoirs to the end of this is year.
He added: “Vodokanals have duty to ensure sufficient supply, and they assured me that the main supply of water was safe.
“According with their drought plans, water companies across the country have correctly taken mitigation measures of this long drying weather as the pressure increased on water resources and environment”.
It comes after the British center for Ecology and hydrology said the most of the rivers of Great Britain were on “Red Alert” with Campaigners are calling for immediate nationwide hose bans.
Last month was the driest month of July in England for more over 100 years, and in some areas the summer was the driest on record.
Rivers are predicted set in the worst drought warning level throughout the country, even in areas where it rained in recent weeks.
Rivers Trust blamed water companies of waiting until last minute to complete bans so that avoid negative customer reactions.