The meeting, which was held in the Constitution Club, was attended by at least 17 opposition parties in The national capital.
The election for The state highest constitutional post will be held on July 18 and counting for will take place on July 21.
“There were many parties here today, and we decided we would just pick one consensus filter. everyone will give This is our filter support. We will consult with others. This is the good beginning. We sat down together after several months, and we’ll do it again,” Banerjee said after the meeting.
- The next Opposition meeting on Presidential election Likely to hold on June 20-21 in Mumbai by Sharad Pawar.
- Defense Minister and BJP leader Rajnath Singh spoke to opposition leaders Mamata Banerjee, Mallikarjun Kharej and Akhilesh Yadav to know their views on candidates for The sources said that the presidential elections before the meeting of opposition leaders today.
- opposition leader candidate should commit To support the constitution, maintain the secular fabric, speak out against forces of Malikargon said out of hate. Congress will play Building role in Guarantee the opposition parties arrive On the consensus filter for Presidential elections said the leader of The opposition Malecargon is out.
- The leaders asked Mallikargon outside, Mamata Banerjee and Shraddhawar to discuss the matter with Parties on The joint opposition presidential candidate, TR Baalu said.
- Mamata Banerjee suggested names of Farooq Abdullah and Gopalkrishna Gandhi as opposition candidates for Presidential elections, said NK Premchandran of the RSP party.
- The NCP Chairman, Sharad Pawar, rejected Mamata Banerjee’s offer to nominate the opposition for the presidency. “In today’s opposition meeting, all parties proposed the name of Sharad Power for A presidential ballot, but he said he couldn’t accept it up Now because of his health. All parties asked him to reconsider his decision, Benoy Viswam said of CPI.
- Sharad Pawar tweeted: “I sincerely appreciate the leaders of opposition parties for Suggest my name as a candidate for The election of President of India, at the meeting held in Delhi. However I like To say that I humbly have declined Suggestion or offer of my nomination.”
- Opposition leaders adopted a decision to refer A common candidate in The next presidential election. “Opposition leaders adopted a decision in Maidan A common candidate in The next presidential election. candidate who He can really act as a guardian of Constitution and Modi’s Endowment government than doing more harm to Indian democracy and Indian democracy social Sudhindra Kulkarni said.
leaders of 17 parties – TMC, Congress, CPI, CPI(M), CPIML, RSP, Shiv Sena, NCP, RJD, SP, National Convention, PDP, JD(S), DMK, RLD, IUML and JMM – participate in Opposition leaders meeting.