8.2 C
New York
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
HomeWorldUKNew arrival to the UK among four victims of oldham mill fire...

New arrival to the UK among four victims of oldham mill fire | Greater Manchester

A 21-year-old man who arrived in Just eight months ago, Britain was among the four Vietnamese citizens. who died in mill fire in Greater Manchester in May.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) released identities of four men for in first time after remains of three victims recovered from building in Oldham.

The officers reported that 21-year-old Nam Thanh Le had arrived. in United Kingdom in January and last contacted his family in Vietnam on May 4 – three days before the big fire destroyed Mill of the House of Bismarck.

Le told his relatives that he lived in mill” in “Dam” – presumably Oldham – when searching for work.

Three others men believed to have died in in fire Quong Van Chu, 39, Waq Van Nguyen, 31, and Duong Van Nguyen, 29. of in menchu ​​and wok, last spoke to their families on day of in fire.

Det Supt Lewis Hughes, GMP Victim Identification lead said: “Our thoughts remain with Kuong, Wok, Duong and those close to Nam.

“Specially trained officers were in direct contact with them and continue to make every effort to ensure they are completely updated and supported in Vietnam as it would be in United Kingdom.”

Detectives are investigating how flame took keep at the mill. it took firefighters four days to put it out, during which the authorities thought it wasn’t one was inside.

Formerly a mill house various companies, including tiles shop and laser game center. There was also serviced offices and warehouses on website.

The firemen did not enter the mill at that time because of safety concerns about structural stability of in building.

It was only on July 21 – 10 weeks after fire – what was reported to the police people could be inside the mill, after family of one of in men contacted the Catholic Church in London asks for help.

first human remains we found two days later. remains of a third victim was discovered earlier this week.

Police said Cuong Van Chu spoke regularly with his wife and children via phone, but there was no news from him since May 7, the day of in fire. He arrived in United Kingdom in June 2019.

Walk Van Nguyen was also in regular contact with his wife and last spoke to her on day flame took Keep. That day he told her that he in mill.

Duong Van Nguyen last spoke to his family about three months ago, police said, when he told them he was living in “an abandoned house” when searching for work. He arrived in United Kingdom in around August 2021, officers believe.

detectives in early stages of putting together men’s lives, including how they arrived in UK and how they had been inside the mill for a long time.

They are also investigation how in fire started and activities in the factory in advance. one line of it is understood whether there was an illegal cannabis factory operating inside the building, however, it is not known whether such activity is related to fire or to the victims.

Hughes said, “Although we have reason suspect that Cuong, Wok, Duong and Nam might have been in mill during firewe keep open with attitude to how a lot of people were present and their location. So I turn to them or anyone with information about their whereabouts before or after the firecontact us. I emphasize that they safety and welfare is our number one a priority”.

Follow World Weekly News on

Adrian Ovalle
Adrian Ovalle
Adrian is working as the Editor at World Weekly News. He tries to provide our readers with the fastest news from all around the world before anywhere else.

Leave a Reply

Must Read