NDA candidate Jagdeep Dhankhar, who has instigated against opposition pick Margaret Alpha, he set for walkaway in Vice President election on Saturday where the numbers are stacked in favor of for him.
members of Parliament of both houses vote To elect the sixteenth vice president of India in The election.
The term of The incumbent of the job, M Venkaiah Naidu, is ending on August 10 cum is also President of Rajya Sabha.
Here is the top points on Vice President election of India
1. Alpha, 80, member of Congress veteran He held the position of governor of Rajasthan and Uttarakhand, while 71-yearBorn Dhankhar is the Jat leader of Rajasthan with socialist background.
2. Dhankhar met number of BJP MPs at his residence on Friday. These include Sushil Kumar Modi, Gautam Gambhir, Rajivardhan Rathore, Rajendra Agrawal, Pradeep Chaudhary and Kartikeya Sharma, among others. I’ve been meeting party Representatives while searching for support for reconnaissance.
3. With support of Some regional parties like Janta Dal (United), YSRCP, BSP, AIADMK, Shiv Sena, NDA candidate is likely to get over 515 votesEnough for comfortable win for for him.
4. On the other hand, cracks were visible in The opposition unit where the Trinamool Congress headed by Mamata Banerjee decided to abstain from voting, claiming that it was not there of Consultations during decision making on The name of alpha. The Transitional Military Council has 23 deputies in lok sabha and 16 in Rajya Sabha.
5. However, Alpha received support of regional party Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) on Friday, two days after the introduction of a public party of Adam and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JM) support for the opposition candidate. Owns AIMIM also extended that it support to alpha.
6. You are more likely to get alpha over 200 votesthrough support announced by the parties for Nominated yet. leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha Malikarjun is out also hosted dinner on Thursday night to thank all the opposition deputies who be supporting alpha.
7. While polling takes place from ten in the morning until five in the evening on Saturday , ballots It will be calculated immediately after that. By late Saturday evening, the returning officer will announce the name of The next vice president.
8. Members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, including nominated members, are eligible vote in vice president.
9. Electoral College in The election of the Vice President shall consist of a total of 788 members of both houses of Parliament. Since all voters are members of both houses of Parliament value of vote of Every deputy will be the same – onesaid the Electoral Commission.
10. Unlike the presidential ballot where the vote is taken place in multiple locations as such elected MLAs, not specified, also part of electoral college, in Election of the vice president, takes the vote place in Parliament.
(with input from PTI)