Did you know that Seat Ibiza, in 37 years, has appeared in about 500 films and leads an impressive list of presence in films and series?
Cars are much more than a mere transport because they, too, are movie stars in countless series and films. And this is true not only in films where they are the real protagonists such as Toretto’s Dodge Charger in Furious Speed, Marty McFly’s DMC DeLorean in Back to the Future or even Bruce Waine’s Batmobil in Batman.
What probably not everyone will know is that Seat too is one of the brands with the best profile and cinematic presence, in numerous television acts with the first appearance of a model of the Catalan brand dating back to 1984.
And a curiosity that surpassed the reality of cinema for the world real? Ursula Andress, one of the most legendary Bond Girls (accompanied Sir Roger Moore in “007 – Dr. No” in 1962), acquired her first car in 1974 and nothing less than Seat 133. The actress lived in Ibiza on height and several times she was seen driving her practical car.
Perhaps to help its fans remember those moments, Seat, took advantage of the last edition of the Oscars of cinema of 2021 to award some prizes to its models, as a virtual tribute to its models.
Seat award for “Best special participation”:
- Alhambra at “The Legacy of Bourne” (2012), parked in the middle of the action
- Ibiza in “Jason Bourne” (2016), parked by the fire
- Ibiza in “Notting Hill” (1999), in the middle of the street
- Leon in “3 Days to Kill” (2014), parked and about to be shot by the bad guys ribbon
- Leon in “Men in Black: Strength International ”(2019), seen running
Seat Award for “Best supporting role in films and series”:
- 124 and 124 D in “Mamma Mia!” (2008), vehicle where Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth travel
- Ibiza in “The Terminator: Dark Destiny” (2019), involved in an accident
- Bocanegra in the Spanish series “Veneno” (2020), conducted by the main actors
- Leon in the German Netflix series “Dark” (2017-2020), a crucial element in a scene from the first season
- Leon in the British series “Sherlock” (2010-2017), close-up in front to the castle.
Seat Award for “Best Leading Role”:
- Round in the Spanish film “La muerte de Mikel” (1984), conducted by the main character
- 131 and 850 Sport in the Spanish series “Cuéntame cómo pasó” ( 2001-2021), respectively of the main character Antonio Alcántara and his brother ão Miguel
- Ibiza in the famous Netflix series “ La Casa de Papel ”(2017-2021), conducted by“ The Professor ”when he recruits Tokyo
- 124 D in “The trouble with spies” (1987), conducted by Donald Sutherland
Seat Award “Career Award”
- The Seat Ibiza. In 37 years and five generations later, this SEAT model has accumulated more than 500 appearances on the screen.