8.2 C
New York
Monday, May 23, 2022
HomeWorldIndiaKerala schoolgirl dies after shawarma from snack bar rots - The New...

Kerala schoolgirl dies after shawarma from snack bar rots – The New Indian Express

by Express News Service

KASARAGOD: In the case of of 16- Suspected food poisoningyearOne-year-old schoolgirl died, and nearly 30 others fell ill after being exposed to spoiled shawarma from a snack bar in Chiruvathur in Kasaragod district.

The deceased was identified as Devananda, the only child of EV Prasanna of Karivellur-Peralam grama panchayat in Kannur district. her illness father Narayanan passed away five months ago, Rameshan’s Birlam wing member said.

after that , mother-daughter Duo go to house of Prasana elder Sister in Mel Matlay in Cheruvathur panchayat said.

distance completing class X in AV Smaraka Government Senior Secondary School in Karivelor, Devananda was planning this join class 12 in Shirovathur.

But bad food safety Actions that may have taken her life and prompted many others young live for edge.

After Devananda’s death, Chandera Police have closed Ideal Cool Bar, Food Point and took In reservation two of An officer said his workers, Sandesh Rai and Anex M., hid the snack bar owner, who goes by the name Ahmed. of Chandira Police Station.

The three are facing shipment of Premeditated murder does not reach an end murder (section 304 of IPC), try commit Intentional murder (Article 308 of IPC), sale of adulterated food (section 272 of IPC), read with Section 34 of IPC (commit a crime with a common intention).

All 31 patients are from the district AV Ramdas, said District AV Medical Officer V Ramdas who They were admitted to the district hospital and said they had eaten chicken shawarma – a common shawarma in the eastern Mediterranean – from Ideal on April 29 or 30. Most of they were in the age group of 10 to 15 years old, and a few of them in Early twenties.

around 10 am on On Sunday, about 15 students from Cheruvathur and neighboring Pilicode panchayats came to the Cheruvathur Community Health Center and complained of Vomiting, loose stools and fever since Saturday. they said duty Doctors say they have chicken shawarma in afternoon of April 29th in Ideal.

the condition of Devananda started to deteriorate and around 1.30pm, she collapsed.

She was taken to the district hospital in Ambulance with Dr. Ramdas said:

she died soon distance. Then the Destination Management Office asked all treated patients for Food poisoning to the district hospital. They had low blood pressure, fever, loose stools, and stomach pain.

After the first 15 students, another 15 customers of Ideal was accepted into the district hospital with symptoms of food poisoning.

“everyone of They are now stable. “But we’re keeping an eye on them,” Dr. Ramdas said.

More doctors, including pediatricians, were staff posted In Cheruvathur CHC to attend issues of Food poisoning, if need arises, DMO said.

Minister promises statewide screening; reality: no employees

health minister Fina George has directed the Food Safety Commissioner to conduct an investigation into the case of food poisoning in Cheruvathur, report.

Devananda, a 16-year-old girl and about 30 students and young adults fell ill after eating shawarma from Ideal Cool Bar and Food Point.

Minister for Local self-government called MV Govindan on The patients of Suspected food poisoning in District Hospital in Kanhangad on Sunday. Govindan said government will be examined of Restaurants and restaurants across the state ensure Quality of food.

Despite the reassuring words, the reality on Earth is unpalatable.

Take the example of Perfect bar for snacks. She has no food safety License, said Kasaragod food safety Assistant Commissioner John Vijayakumar. applied for License in January but it wasautoShe refused because she did not submit all the files required docs.

If Ideal had submitted all the documents, she would have obtained the license without even a visit from the food safety officers. The restaurant can apply for license for up for a period of five years by paying the required license fees.

food safety Officers said they limit their field visits to manufacturing units before issuing the license. For restaurants, hotels and restaurants, they only check documents.

There are five jobs in Kasaragod district in Food Safety Department. Three of them are vacant. It’s not human possible To visit all restaurants for Vijaykumar said.

During surprise checks, if they do not have a license, they will be fined and asked to apply for license.

In other words, the Food Safety Administration restricts it role To collect license fees for The government.

In this case, Vijayakumar said he got a phone call From a customer around 11am complaining that he had a fever and stomach aches after eating shawarma from Ideal snacks.

“I immediately sent my officer to the restaurant. The officer collected the samples of Food and ordered closed of Snack bar.

“Later, we came to know That many students in Cheruvathur CHC and District Hospital”.

Samples are sent from the snack bar to the regional analytical laboratory in Kozhikode.

“We can conclude if this is an issue of “Food poisoning only after we got the report from the lab,” the officer said.

Meanwhile, collector Kasaragod Bhandari Swagat Ranveerchand also Requested Additional District Judge AK Ramandran to inquire and file a report on the incident.

.

Follow World Weekly News on

Sallie Anderson
Sallie works as the Writer at World Weekly News. She likes to write about the latest trends going on in our world and share it with our readers.

Leave a Reply

Must Read