A new update has been released for Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R Update 2.30. You can find out all the details of the Game Update, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below.Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R Update 2.30 is now available for download, for all platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R Update 2.30
- In this update, we have further reduced the cooldown after using an Assist for characters with fewer uses of Assault Assists or Reversal Assists. This change aims to improve the balance between Assists with different numbers of uses, ensuring that all characters have a fair chance to utilize their Assists effectively.
- One of the improvements we have made is ensuring that Assists turn to face the opponent after they have entered the arena and are beginning their attack. This change enhances the usability of Assists in neutral play and combo situations, making it easier for players to land successful hits and create strategic opportunities.
Number of uses
- We have adjusted the number of uses for several characters. The following characters now have 3/1 uses instead of their previous values:
- Pet Shop
- Rohan Kishibe
- Kosaku Kawajiri
- Bruno Bucciarati
- Leone Abbacchio
- Trish Una
- Ermes Costello
- Weather Forecast
- Father Pucchi (Final)
- Johnny Joestar
- Funny Valentine
- Bringing these characters more in line with others in terms of their number of uses allows them to be summoned more readily, providing players with increased flexibility and options during gameplay.
Assist skill changes
- We have also made some changes to certain characters’ Assist skills to ensure they are more balanced in comparison to others. The specific changes are as follows:
- Will A. Zeppeli: Now uses the Hamon version of “Tornado Overdrive.”
- Narancia Ghirga: Added more shots, now firing shots as the strong attack version with repeated button presses.
- Guido Mista: Now fires 6 shots.
- Ikuro Hashizawa: The effect of “This is Baoh!” now applies “Break Dark Thunder Phenomenon.”
By aligning these characters’ Assist skills with others, we create a more consistent and fair gameplay experience for all players.
Recoil animation on ground
- Previously, during the single frame of transition between recoil and neutral positions, it was only possible to guard or Stylish Evade. However, this was unintended. We have fixed this issue, allowing players to perform other actions such as normal attacks, skills, dodge, and jump during this transition period.
Recoil animation when launched upward
- We have adjusted the hurtboxes of characters with raised hurtboxes after being launched upwards and then falling back down. This change aims to close the gap between characters who are harder than others to combo additional attacks on, improving overall balance and consistency in gameplay.
- Recoil animation when launched by attacks that prevent aerial recovery
Previously, when an airborne opponent was hit with an attack with a crumple recoil animation, they were launched with no possibility of aerial recovery. However, this state was unintentionally overwritten by an aerial-recoverable flying state. In this update, we have fixed this issue, ensuring that the intended behavior is maintained.
- Recovery from attack animations
When Stylish Guard is input just after an attack animation where only guard and Stylish Evade are permitted, Stylish Evade will now be performed. This fixes an unintended behavior and ensures a smoother transition and execution of gameplay mechanics.
- We have eliminated inconsistencies between characters in the position of the hurtbox at the feet. Standardizing the hurtbox so that it exists below the feet from frame 1 rather than from frame 2 onwards ensures that imbalances between characters are not exacerbated by a common mechanic.
- We have fixed an issue where damage adjustments did not apply to combos initiated from counters. This change allows a successful counter to be comboed from, enabling players to build up damage while keeping them balanced with other combo types.
- Additionally, we have fixed an issue where the model of the countered character would turn black when hitting the opponent from behind with a jump attack that is successfully countered. This was unintentional and has been addressed in this update.
Mounted Mode style switch
- Previously, aerial recovery could occur when hit by a Reversal Assist or an action that prevents aerial recovery while changing to or from Mounted style. This unintended behavior has been fixed to maintain consistency in gameplay mechanics.
- We have addressed an issue where a hitbox would spawn when hit by an attack just before entering a no-knockback state. This unintended behavior, where a mounting character would produce a hitbox even during recoil animation, has been fixed.
- Additionally, we have fixed an issue where Mounted Mode would end if hit by an attack after entering a no-knockback state. This unintended behavior is now resolved, ensuring a smoother and more consistent gameplay experience.
Specific recoil animations while mounted
- There were some attacks that would cause a recoil animation and end Mounted Mode when hit while mounted.