8.2 C
New York
Monday, November 28, 2022
HomeWorldPakistanGovernment withdraws permit for Ahri News over remarks critical of ...

Government withdraws permit for Ahri News over remarks critical of army

ISLAMABAD: Ministry of Inner Friday withdrew broadcast permit for ARY News a few days after this was filmed off air after an interview during which the opposition party official allegedly incited troops and officers against in military leadership.

A notice sent by the Ministry to the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) on 11 August states: in service of M/s ARY Communications (Pvt.) Limited is canceled with instant effect and until further notice on the foundation of unfavorable reports from agencies.”

Making report on in developmentNews ARY English website called the cancellation ” coalition government led by PML-N “” economic murder of more than 4000 media workers associated with in news channel”. Report also called him a new move against journalistic fraternity”, stating that this was done without any notice.

“The channel administration condemned the suspension of his transmission, saying network being persecuted by the federal government,” It added.

AT decision from the Ministry of Home Affairs comes two days after the High Court of Sindh ruled that Pemra and the telegraph operators restore transmission immediately of ARY News, which has been suspended on orders of in government.

ARY news sucked in in controversy after PTI leader Shahbaz Gill made “seditious remarks” against Pakistan Army during a conversation with a TV station earlier this week. Then on On Tuesday, he was taken into custody at Banigala Chowk. in capital.

Gill was subsequently warned on accusations of rebellion and incitement public against state institutions.

ARY report published today also stressed that the channel had clarified that Gill’s statement was his personal opinion and had nothing to do with him. with channel policy.

A few hours after Gill’s arrest, Pemra released show-cause notification for ARY News for expressed his controversial remarks, which the authorities described as “extremely hateful and inflammatory” and tantamount to inciting the “armed forces to revolt”.

Condemnation is pouring in

AT move drew condemnation from journalists and opposition leaders. ARY founder Salman Iqbal, also condemned the suspension.

Asad Kalim, executive producer of ARY News, told The Associated Press that the move means 4,000 television employees are now out of work. work. He begged with in government reverse decision and bring the hugely popular ARY News back on air.

PPP General Secretary Farhatullah Babar expressed concern, stating:using state power will arbitrarily backfire.”

“Effects of law of diminishing returns already becomes clear,” he tweeted.

Senior journalist Talat Hussain called it “a serious business’, saying decision can be challenged in court.

TV reporter Imran Riaz Khan claimed that ARY News is “constantly attack”.

Columnist Shama Junjo called move “insane step”.

PTI senior leader Asad Umar said that “the tide of history cannot be stopped by coercive illegal measures.”

PTI leader and former state minister Farrukh Khabib also strongly condemned the abolition of channel license and said government “harmed” the country by taking such coercive measures.

Follow World Weekly News on

Sandra Loyd
Sandra Loyd
Sandra is the Reporter working for World Weekly News. She loves to learn about the latest news from all around the world and share it with our readers.

Leave a Reply

Must Read