Florida man dies after contracting bacterial infection from “one in billion” bad oysters, according to the report.
death was traced back at Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Fort Lauderdale where the man ate before he got sick with Vibrio, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
manager of in restaurant told the publication that up to 100 dozen oysters were served on the day the man ate there.
“He had it one in billion that was bad” said Gary Oral. “I feel terrible”.
“Oysters are the best of mountain for dangerous foods to eat. I have eaten them all my life and will continue to. But you put yourself on risk when you do it, Oreal added.
He told the Florida Department newspaper of Hygienic examination of the restaurant kitchen and it passed”with brilliant results” after the man fell ill.
“During the course of 60 years old, we served a couple billion oysters and we never had anyone get sick like this guy did,” Oreal said.
unknown man, who reportedly worked in restaurant decades ago was second human in state die of raw oysters this month. The Pensacola News Journal reported, community leader died on August 9 from Vibrio.
Director of the Public Institute of Studer of The newspaper reported that Rodney Jackson fell ill after eating at Mary’s Fresh Seafood Market.
Both cases involved oysters from Louisiana.
Centers for Disease control and prevention warns on this is website while most cases of vibriosis occur in hot weather cases have been reported throughout year.
“Oyster containing harmful bacteria doesn’t look, smell, or even taste different from any other oyster”, CDC says.
Only most infections result in diarrhea and vomiting, according to the agency.
With mail wires