Get your day-to-day, bite-sized absorb of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news– examining the stories flying under the radar these days’s crypto news.
- Coinbase has actually introduced a rewards program for consumers holding Maker‘s DAIstablecoin To be qualified, users with a validated identity on the exchange, who live in among the 6 countries that can get DAI rewards, should hold a minimum of USD 1 of the stablecoin in their account. Per the website, Dai Rewards are currently offered in the United States (other than Hawaii), the UK, Spain, Netherlands, France, and Australia.
Among the biggest derivatives exchanges on the planet, CME Group, stated that the institutional interest in bitcoin (BTC) futures is growing. Per their tweet on July 29, a brand-new open interest record of 13,104 agreements has actually been set.
Institutional interest in #bitcoin futures is growing, setting a brand-new open interest record of 13,104 agreements. Lear … https://t.co/zkYMDQ4zp0
- OKB, the energy token embraced by crypto exchange OKEx, has added 4 brand-new collaborations: trading bot platforms HaasOnline and Cryptohopper, where OKB holders can make a one-time passive earnings with 15% interest and affordable service charge; wise agreement platform MyWish, allowing holders to utilize OKB as a payment tool on the platform; and the Saturn Network exchange, which noted OKB, allowing holders to trade and swap OKB there. OKB can now be utilized at more than 70 designated merchants and provider, the exchange said.
- Dharma users can now trade any token in the procedure for automated token exchange Uniswap V2, stated in an emailed news release the Ethereum-based crypto loan provider. To commemorate the event, Dharma – which calls itself “‘ the Robinhood of crypto/ DeFi” – is using a promo for one full month till August 30, throughout which the loan provider will spend for user gas and will charge no charges for switching. All tokens (more than 2,000 properties) supported by Uniswap V2 are supported in Dharma now.
- Guangxi, the self-governing area of China that surrounds Vietnam, has built a “blockchain innovation” park, reported the Guanxi Daily (via Shanghai Securities News). The park consists of 100,000 sqm of commercial space and cost around USD 14.3 m to construct. It will be utilized in part as a blockchain accelerator for appealing tech services and start-ups in the area, stated authorities.
- Japanese power company Minna-Denryoku stated it will start offering its blockchain technology as a service. Per Coin Post, Minna-Denryoku stated it will make its blockchain services offered to food makers who wish to enhance traceability in their supply chains. The business likewise wishes to establish a blockchain-powered option to assist license the origin of construction-grade wood.
- Chinese national energy company the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) has actually provided a multitude of blockchain patents this year, reported Shupeidian. The SGCC has actually provided more patents than the similarity Nokia and Sony, the report’s authorsadded The grid has actually just recently introduced its own blockchain mainnet, with regional power companies now beginning to run nodes on the network.
- Dubai Economy and Emirates NBD, a banking group in the MENAT area, has actually revealed that the UAE KYC Blockchain Platform is now live. Powered by Norbloc blockchain, this effort was developed to assist in digital client onboarding, immediate bank account performance, and sharing of confirmed KYC (Know-Your-Customer) information in between licensing authorities and financial organizations, said journalism release. The platform, “set to become a nationwide ecosystem for exchange of verified KYC data,” is supported by Smart Dubai and the Central Bank of UAE, while Commercial Bank of Dubai, ADCB, HSBC, and RAKBANK are likewise set to go live soon.
- Elrond (ERD), a blockchain developed for worth transfer, has actually revealed that it is now reside on mainnet. Per the emailed news release, the first application to introduce on the Elrond blockchain is Maiar, a financial application permitting users to invest, stake, or provide ERD tokens. Users can purchase within the app straight with 150 various fiat currencies. Elrond stated it will likewise totally transform its financial design with the goal “to introduce deflation through scarcity” and “a view to creating a new digital gold standard.”
- SBI Holdings, Ripple‘s most significant Asian partner and the operator of the SBI Crypto mining company and the SBI VC Trade crypto exchange, has actually reported that its net earnings increased by 39% in April-June. Per Nikkei, SBI VC Trade had a “strong” first quarter of the existing financial year (FY2020), while the company’s forex margin trading likewise increased.
Criminal offense news
- In Ukraine, 2 operators of an unlawful fiat to crypto exchange might confront 6 years in jail, reported Pravda Ukraine. The duo, locals of Khmelnytskyi, in the west of the nation, apparently ran an online exchange, permitting Ukrainians to exchange hryvnia for “crypto assets and electronic currencies.” Cops state they taken PCs, mobile phones and bank cards from the 2 people.
- Hackers are utilizing dogecoin (DOGE) to broaden a malware botnet. Security scientists at Intezer said they identified a brand-new malware payload that is a completely undiscovered backdoor which they called Doki. Doki is “abusing the Dogecoin cryptocurrency blockchain in a unique way in order to dynamically generate its C2 domain address,” and it “has managed to stay under the radar for over six months despite samples being publicly available in VirusTotal,” stated the scientists.