5 keys to improve the story of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 compared to the first installment
Many players of Zelda: Breath of the Wild noted that while the game was a masterpiece In playability and enjoyment, the story however lagged somewhat behind previous installments. For this reason, they hope that its sequel will improve in this section.
Following this line, recently some aspects that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 should include in relation to its plot to live up to the franchise. Specifically, from ScreenRant they point out these points that should be improved in the sequel:
- In the first game, Link wakes up from a hundred-year dream and is asked to quickly help Princess Zelda , which has been containing the cataclysm all this time from inside Hyrule Castle. This seems urgent, but in reality in most cases the player ends up forgetting this urgency and spends dozens of hours exploring the wide world.
- While this exploration is one of the best aspects of the game, it doesn’t make much sense when coupled with the story and Zelda’s plea for help. Shrines and other elements of the world make Link stronger, but we must not forget that from the beginning we know from history that Zelda is in trouble and needs our help as soon as possible.
- For this reason, it is expected that, in the sequel, where Zelda is now free, there is another premise that allows us to equally enjoy the exploration but with a plot that does not present so much urgency or does marry that sense of exploration around the world. In this regard, the role of the mummified character could help.
- The same should happen with Disjointed flashbacks : now they are no longer needed because Link knows everything that happened. Again, the mummy allows Link and Zelda to focus on what is happening in the present and it is not necessary to jump in time.
- Finally, it is precisely the mummy that awakens that feeling of mystery and wanting to solve it would be an excuse perfect for searching the entire map of Hyrule for answers.
What do you think? Would you like the story of Breath of the Wild 2 to revolve around this? We read you in the comments.